1) Cole crops with… wait for it… white flies?
2) Cabbage and broccoli are far tastier to rabbits in the fall than in the spring. I want my hasenpfeffer!
Blood Red and Golden Beets
3) If you’re going to grow 14 broccoli plants and 14 cauliflower plants in the fall garden, when you typically only grow 4 of each in the spring garden, you have to have 28 wire cages, instead of 8, if you want to have 28 plants by harvest time. #mathavoidance
New England Aster just opening its petals to the morning…
4) Cabbage whites in September. Who knew?
Second fig crop starting…
5) You can’t harvest sunflowers with pruning shears. Buy a machete, fool.
Sunflower seeds ready for harvest
6) This year’s flock of chicken’s favorite mode of locomotion = flight. #nospinach4me
7) Dear chickens: if you decide to roost in the trees at night one more time, I’m LEAVING you there for the owls. I’m too old to climb a ladder in the dark. Chumps.
False Aster… a weed, but…
8) Guess what? Cole crops like cool weather. #Ireaditinabook
Joe Pye Weed gone to seed
9) You still hafta water. #flaccidturnips.
Beauteous Beauty Berry doing its thang!
10) Mosquitoes. ‘Nuff said.