1) Cole crops with… wait for it… white flies?
2) Cabbage and broccoli are far tastier to rabbits in the fall than in the spring. I want my hasenpfeffer!
3) If you’re going to grow 14 broccoli plants and 14 cauliflower plants in the fall garden, when you typically only grow 4 of each in the spring garden, you have to have 28 wire cages, instead of 8, if you want to have 28 plants by harvest time. #mathavoidance
4) Cabbage whites in September. Who knew?
5) You can’t harvest sunflowers with pruning shears. Buy a machete, fool.
6) This year’s flock of chicken’s favorite mode of locomotion = flight. #nospinach4me
7) Dear chickens: if you decide to roost in the trees at night one more time, I’m LEAVING you there for the owls. I’m too old to climb a ladder in the dark. Chumps.
8) Guess what? Cole crops like cool weather. #Ireaditinabook
9) You still hafta water. #flaccidturnips.
10) Mosquitoes. ‘Nuff said.