8-2 Garden Progress Report on Fertilizer Friday

Clearly, the gladioli have come into their own.

Although the Dinner Plate Dahlias are definitely about to up the ante.

The prairie natives offer a more subtle beauty.

But mostly I am pleased that despite the terrible weather, the 8 seed potatoes I cut into pieces and planted back in March produced about a bushel of potatoes.

I was sure the crop was a complete loss.

That’s all the garden news that is fit to print on Tootsie Time’s Fertilizer Friday!  More next week!

12 thoughts on “8-2 Garden Progress Report on Fertilizer Friday

1. I love it when plants surprise you by not dying. Tasty lookin’ taters! 🙂

Unfortunately, the harvest is so small I wonder whether it was worth planting them at all. The biggest benefit of this crop is that I didn’t have to weed or care for about 1/2 of my gardening space during the worst of the weed season. It is now, essentially, weed free, and ready for my autumn crops.

2. Go taters!!! (They r funny that way–I thought we were doomed last year with too much rain.) Enjoy!!!

3. Barbara Allen says:

I’m envious of your potatoes!

4. Lrong says:

Lovely potato harvest! My potato harvest this season is quite miserable…

5. Kami Landy says:

Home grown potatoes- that is so cool! And a bushel is a fair amount for on family. Enjoy!
    Glad to be where I have internet and can read your blog for a few days.

Potatoes are so easy to grow, I’d suggest this as a beginner crop to somebody living even in an apartment. You can plant these in a burlap grain sack filled with soil. Honest. And a fresh potato is like nothing you’ve ever eaten. Yes, I’m trying to be-spell you.

6. I dug up all my blue potatoes and they were a bit small but yummy…no dahlias even with all the rain and heat…I may just give up. But I did have a few surprise glads that I planted last year and they never grew due to drought.

You’re another gardener I know who dug their potatoes and found them to be small (but tasty). My dinner plate dahlias are pretty pitiful this year… short, small blooms, and I don’t kow why (though I’m not liable to spend a lot of brain power trying to figure it out). Glad your glads made a reappearance despite last year’s disappearance!

7. Tootsie says:

Your flaunt today is fantastic!!! I very much enjoyed it. Your blog is wonderful…I look forward to visiting you often
    Thank you so much for linking in this week…I appreciate everyone who joins in.
    I am sharing this post on the Tootsie Time facebook page as well….
    Hugs from Wainwright Alberta Canada!
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.